Membership & Development Administrator
- American Astronomical Society
- Washington, District of Columbia
Our client, American Astronomical Society, is a prestigious scientific association in DC whose mission is “to enhance and share humanity’s scientific understanding of the universe as a diverse and inclusive astronomical community”. They have an immediate opening for a full-time Membership and Development Administrator to join their team.
From serving as the point of contact for membership related questions and processing of applications, to managing records, to designing and leading the fundraising campaigns, this position will be a critical member of the team and will act as a key liaison between the organization and its members. They seek a motivated candidate with strong administrative skills and professional acumen with a talent for building strong relationships between all stakeholders.
The position is 35 hours per week with four days at their DC office and one day remotely (if desired). Vaccination is required. This is a great opportunity to work with a progressive company with fantastic benefits and culture. Salary is $66,000 per year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Process membership applications, renewals, and rejoins, assisting those with questions or challenges with the process as needed.
· Manage records in the database (iMIS) with accuracy, including contact updates, handling payments, merging duplicates, running reports, and more.
· Communicate with current and potential members via telephone and email.
· Lead and execute the annual student verification process.
· Work in coordination with the Director of Membership to deliver a first-class experience for new members.
· Assist in the design of membership marketing materials.
· Design and lead the Society’s fundraising campaigns (annual spring campaign, membership renewal campaign, Giving Tuesday, and end-of-year campaign).
· Process gifts, record and manage tributes.
· Liaise with other divisions on featured funds for the annual membership renewal campaign.
· Work with communications and meetings teams to recognize major gift donors in the Annual Report and at winter and summer meetings.
· Inform Director of Membership Services of major donations or deferred gifts.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
· A bachelor’s degree is required.
· Four or more years of progressively responsible membership and fundraising experience at a professional society or nonprofit.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Windows operating system, MS Office 365, and iMIS association management system.
· Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism with both internal and external contacts.
· Detail-oriented with ability to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Excellent customer service skills.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE OUR CLIENT
Our client offers a competitive salary plus an exceptional benefits package, including generous sick and vacation time, 14 paid holidays, comprehensive medical with a choice of three plans, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability, pension after one year with 10% of base salary, parking and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities.
Job ID: 339705240