Job ID: 204879114
1 - 3 years
Santa’s Village Amusement Park is full of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at SV. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Santa attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be “doing a job.” You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Over the years, we’ve created a legacy of delivering unforgettable experiences to our guests. To do so, we needed to create a workplace where our Team Members were effectively working toward a common goal – to become the # 1 family entertainment destination. The Marketing and Sales Manager is responsible for planning and implementing sales and marketing programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
The Marketing and Sales Manager at SV is responsible to:
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing and sales plan to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Manage sales/marketing/PR operating budgets.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including but not limited to print, online, electronic media, outdoor, radio, etc.
- Develop and maintain social media efforts consisting of but not limited to posts, contests, etc.
- Act on SV’s behalf to maintain online integrity on all social media platforms
- Develop, execute and implement when necessary an official crisis plan.
- Act as SV liaison with outside PR team.
- Maintain and edit SV website.
- Create and maintain customer survey and incentives.
- Develop and implement sales efforts/ Upsell opportunities with all revenue generating departments.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitor and fellow park products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and present to executive management.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all advertising, promotional materials, and events.
- Represent SV at trade shows, networking events and other related functions to promote SV.
- Maintain relationships with clients and works to negotiate and close deals.
- Prepare sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
To perform the role of a Marketing and Sales Manager successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent and regular attendance is a job requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent in relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Excel; proficiency in MS PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Marketing and Sales Manager job.
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) Sit; talk; use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner; close vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) Distance vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure).
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Stand; walking for prolonged periods; hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; climb stairs/ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach, pull, push with hands and arms above head; reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head; repeating motions more than twice per minute; lifting up to 10 pounds with control; pushing up to 20 pounds with control; peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Marketing and Sales Manager job.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Will require the use of a motorized company vehicle or a leased or personal vehicle for company business; Will require a valid Illinois state driver’s license.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of SV, click on “Apply”. If not, please check out our Job Board to explore other opportunities within the company. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.